Embark on your educational journey today!
How to apply
Download our Primary Application Form HERE
Download our Secondary Application HERE
Download the 2021-2022 School Calendar HERE
FK International is a secular, English medium, international school that accepts students regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, family composition or socio-economic status. We are deeply proud of our student diversity and welcome students from all corners of the globe.
All students who enter FK International will undergo an interview and assessment process,. A set of interview criteria, appropriate for each year group, is available and should be used to help in determining the entry year group of the student.
During the interview, the prospective student should perform the required tasks in front of the person who is conducting the interview and usually not in the presence of the parent. The student should be able to complete all tasks on the assessment form; otherwise, additional support may be recommended or the child may be considered for a different year group to the one applied for.
Age Boundaries for Admission
Please note that the child’s age is also relevant when determining which year group to place the child. The entry age criteria for each year group is based on the child’s age on 1st September of the relevant school year and is recorded in the table below:
Categories of Admission
After considering the academic / social issues arising out of the interview, alongside the age of the child in relation to the age boundaries outlined above, the interviewer should make a recommendation to the Head of Primary as to which category of admission should be applied. The different categories are noted below:
|Ordinary Admission||Interview revealed that, after considering the age, the child was academically and socially best placed in the requested year group.||The child enters the requested year group with no conditions attached.|
|Conditional Admission||Interview revealed that there are potential academic or social problems which may arise from admission to the requested year group.||The child enters the requested year group but progress will be reviewed after a specified time period (3 – 6 weeks usually). The school reserves the right to move the child to another year group or to refuse admission after this time period has elapsed.|
|Varied Admission||The child does not meet the criteria to enter the requested year group, but the school is confident that he/she would do well in a lower year group. Please note: In the case of exceptional performance it may also be necessary to put a child in a higher year group to the one requested.||The child enters a year group different to the one applied for, either above or below. This may be done with or without conditions, depending on the individual circumstances.|
|Not admitted||The child is considered to fall into one of the following categories: The child has a disability which the school considers it is unable to effectively cater for, in the best interests of the child.The child has a severe, verifiable, track record of poor behaviour in another school or institution which the school considers would significantly disrupt the learning of other students..The child falls so far below the required academic or social requirements for the age-appropriate year group that they would need to be placed in a class two or more year groups behind the age-appropriate year group.||The student is not admitted.|
Admissions to FK International involve a three-step process, designed to ensure that the applicant is a good match, and has a reasonable chance of academic success, given the high intellectual standards and academic expectations of an international school.
Completion and submission of our school application form
Applications may be dropped off at the school directly or completed and scanned by email to
Please accompany the application with the submission of the following: previous academic records / most recent school report (including standardised examination records when these are available);
– copy of child’s birth certificate
– copy of child’s passport (if applicable)
– two recent passport-sized photos
All applicants must be tested for academic aptitude and English language proficiency. The testing varies according to age and may include written assessments, computer-based assessments or face-to-face interviews with teachers. An admissions fee of USD 25 is required prior to, or on the day of, the assessment.
Final Interview with the Head of Secondary / Head of Primary
St. Constantine’s International reserves the right to admission based on its established criteria and does not release the results of student admissions tests or interviews to any party. The criteria for admission may change without notice. Please note that steps 2 and 3 may sometimes be combined into one interview, at the discretion of the school.
Notification of Admission
Following the completion of the above listed steps a student may be offered one of the following four options:
- Admitted– The student is admitted without any condition. Based on the assessment results, interview and past academic record they are likely to succeed in FK International rigorous academic environment. An admission fee of USD 200 (per family) must be deposited within one week of an offer of a place in order to reserve the space.
- Conditional Acceptance– Occasionally, FK International may determine the student has academic potential and aptitude to succeed in an international school, but needs further development of specific skills (for example English Language proficiency) in order to succeed academically at St. FK International. Conditional Acceptance may be thus offered with the requirement that the student enrol in academic preparation or English language proficiency programmed. According to the specific circumstances of the individual application, the final admission and enrolment is then either:
- a) conditional on programmed completion and a re-testing of the skills that were deemed underdeveloped.
- b) conditional on the child being re-tested after a specified amount of time in school (usually 4 – 10 weeks)
- 3. Not Admitted– The student, based on our admissions criteria, does not currently have the academic aptitude or achievement to succeed in an international school setting. The student may reapply after one year.