We offer the Cambridge International Lower Secondary curriculum for Years 7-9, providing world-class education that is recognised all over the globe and is excellent preparation as the school expands into IGCSEs and A-levels.
- Internationally recognised Cambridge curriculum and resources
- Dynamic and dedicated teachers from diverse backgrounds
- Leadership team experienced in international education
- Modern technology for a stimulating learning environment
- Broad and varied extra-curricular activities programme
From August 2018, secondary school will be at the brand-new, purpose-built secondary campus at Bahari Beach. Click on this link to see a map of our location: https://goo.gl/maps/c3X5ChsMjm52 . It will boast fantastic facilities such as ………
- 25-metre swimming pool conforming to FINA standards
- Comfortable, modern classrooms with air-conditioning, internet and projectors
- Well-equipped, purpose-built science laboratories
- Tennis and Volleyball courts and full-size football pitch
- Digital multi-media centre
And one of the most ambitious new boarding facilities in Dar! (The weekly boarding option is likely to be extremely popular with Dar parents fed up with endless frustrating traffic jams!!). There will also be school transport available.
In secondary school, students should expect to……….
- Find learning fun and enjoyable and to look forward to coming to school with enthusiasm and a clear sense of purpose.
- Be academically ambitious, enjoy the intellectual satisfaction of success and take pride in their achievements and have high standards of behaviour and discipline.
- Experience a variety of traditional and modern learning methods including inquiry-based education and use of technology in the classroom.
- Study a rigorous, truly international curriculum which is broad and challenging, aimed at stimulating critical thinking, analytical thought and an enjoyment of learning.
- Have regular assessments and feedback so they can have their effort, progress and achievements valued and recognised and so build confidence and also receive the support they need to constantly improve in weaker areas.
- Receive a balanced 21st-century education and broaden their range of skills to compliment academic subjects with art, music, sport and drama.
- Develop a truly international outlook and be global citizens by appreciating issues that are of global concern.
- Develop their leadership skills, interpersonal & communication skills and spirit of adventure and teamwork.
“Education should be about providing opportunities to discover, develop and apply a broad range of interests and abilities which will allow each person to lead the most fulfilling life possible and have the most positive impact on those around them. International education adds another dimension to this and is a unique opportunity to provide an even more diverse and stimulating experience. Each student should be provided with the opportunity to discover and develop their own strengths so they can go out into the world with the best possible chance of personal success.”
Here at FK Secondary, we aim to meet the intellectual, physical, creative and emotional needs of each child in a supportive international community. We believe the ultimate measure of a school’s achievement is in the quality of experience a student has during their time at the school and whether they have been provided with the very best chance of success after leaving it.
For more information, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com